Pittsford has launched a campaign to raise
$25,000 for restoration, repair and maintenance
of the Little House,
which will celebrate its 200th birthday in 2019.
While it has aged well under the care and
stewardship of Historic Pittsford members,
the Little House is now in need
of professional repair and restoration.
(Click the above
Pie Chart to enlarge)
For the past 50 years, Historic Pittsford has served
as a conscientious custodian of this petite, Federal Style landmark
situated in the heart of Pittsford Village.
The Little House serves as Historic Pittsford’s headquarters,
welcome center, mini-museum for display of historical artifacts and
central location for small educational presentations and programs.
Residents visit seeking historical information, research assistance
and so much more.
While it may be small in stature, the Little House
does a BIG job for Historic Pittsford and
To provide the “Help” needed to restore the Little House and ensure its preservation
for another 200 years, click on this
|button to make a donation.
Or, mail your contribution to:
18 Monroe Avenue
Pittsford, NY 14534
little history about the Little House
While the identity of the original builder remains
unknown, records indicate that the Little House was built 200
years ago, ca 1819 – across the street from its current location.
Originally used as an attorney’s office, it had three rooms
– a front room where the attorney could meet with clients,
a parlor and a small bedroom.
Through the years, the Little House served
as offices for a doctor and lawyer, was a bakery, a library,
residence, a nursery school and a travel agency.
It was rescued from demolition in the 1960’s
with the help of a fund raising campaign
that secured the funds necessary to relocate
the house across the
street to its present
site where it became the property of the
Pittsford Historical Society. Historic
Pittsford became the owner and
the historical society was dissolved.
Click here for even more information.